Each year at this time, the Kiwanis Club of Kirkland (KCK) sponsors a donation drive for Eastside Baby Corner (EBC). Serving a broad area in east King County, EBC is the major source of baby food, formula, diapers, cribs and car seats for ten local food banks helping over 500 children every week. EBC’s goal is to support parents who are trying hard to give their children a better life and for the babies and children who need a full tummy, a warm coat and a safe ride home.
This year, the KCK has set up two drop off sites to collect donations for EBC during this holiday season. As in past years, one drop off location will be Merrill Gardens of Kirkland, located at 14 Main Street South in Kirkland. It will begin on Nov. 18 and go through Dec. 16.
KCK is grateful to Merrill Gardens for its generosity in allowing us to use their facility as our drop off location.
A second drop off site will be the Kiwanis Club of Kirkland Christmas Tree Lot located in Juanita Park. Donations will be accepted at the tree lot starting the Friday after Thanksgiving, Nov. 25 and continue until the tree lot closes.
Currently, the highest donation needs are:
- Winter Coats (size 6-14)
- Clothing for boys (size 6-14)
- Infant clothing (0-9 months), especially long-sleeve shirts, for Boys, 0-6months
- Blankets/Bedding, twin, full or queen size
- Shoes (especially boys sizes 9-13 and size 3, 4 adult)
- Medium socks for boys (shoe size child 9 – youth 2)
- Girls underwear
- Disposable diapers, sizes newborn, 2, 4, 5, 6 and Pull Ups
- Pajamas for boys & girls, sizes 4 through 14
- Books, especially board books and Spanish-language story books
- Lotion, Shampoo and Conditioner for older kids
- Powdered formula, baby cereal, baby food jars
- New toys for ages 0-2
- Financial donations are used to purchase absolute essentials, such as food, diapers and car seats
If you would like more information about Eastside Baby Corner or would like to make a monetary donation, please go to www.babycorner.org. If you are interested in learning more about the Kiwanis Club of Kirkland, visit the website at www.kiwanis.kirkland.org or call Tom Pendergrass at (206) 910-1949.
Bonni Sundberg is with the Kiwanis Club of Kirkland.