The weather forecast calls for several inches of snow as well as a cold snap this week in the Puget Sound region. Here’s a look at what to expect in the Seattle area in the days leading up to Christmas, according to the National Weather Service.
• Monday, Dec. 19: Snow is likely after 10 p.m. Low temperatures around 30 degrees with a total nighttime accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
• Tuesday, Dec. 20: Expect 1 to 2 inches of new snow mostly before 3 p.m. High temperatures will be near 37 degrees with a low of about 23 degrees. Wind gusts could reach as high as 20 mph. More snow possible later in the evening.
• Wednesday, Dec. 21: Partly sunny with a high temperature near 27 degrees and a low temperature of about 13 degrees.
• Thursday, Dec. 22: High temps will be about 24 degrees, and low temps will be about 19 degrees. There is a 30 percent chance of snow during the day, but new snow (3 to 5 inches) could be possible at night.
• Friday, Dec. 23: Snow and freezing rain are in the forecast. High temps near 35 degrees and low temps near 30 degrees.
• Saturday, Dec. 24: Rainy and cloudy with a high near 45 degrees and a low near 40 degrees.
• Sunday, Dec. 25: Rainy and cloudy with a high near 49 degrees and a low around 42 degrees.