The following is a release from the Washington State Department of Transportation:
Drivers on Interstate 405 between Kirkland and Bothell should prepare for delays Saturday evening, July 11, through Sunday morning, July 12.
Contractor crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will close several lanes and ramps on I-405 between Northeast 85th Street in Kirkland and Northeast 195th Street in Bothell. These closures are needed to complete traffic shift and paving work for the I-405 Bellevue to Lynnwood Widening and Express Toll Lanes project. Preparing the road surface for paving may temporarily cause nearby residents to experience loud noise.
- Up to three lanes of northbound I-405 between Northeast 85th Street and Northeast 124th Street will close starting at 7 p.m. The first lane will be open by 7:30 a.m. and all lanes will be open by noon.
- Up to two lanes of southbound I-405 between Northeast 195th Street and SR 522 will close from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- The northbound I-405 off-ramp to Northeast 116th Street will close from 10 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- The northbound I-405 off-ramp to Northeast 124th Street will close from 10 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- The southbound I-405 ramp to eastbound and westbound SR 522 will close from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- The Northeast 195th Street on-ramp to southbound I-405 will close from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m.
This work is weather dependent and is subject to change. For the most up-to-date details and a full listing of closures for this project, please visit the I-405 construction updates page.