As an avid downtown Kirkland restaurant patron, I feel qualified to opine on the top 10 restaurant and bar tables in downtown Kirkland.
Here they are:
1. Thin Pan. (across the street from Anthony’s at 170 Lake St. South). Tables in the sun on the bar side, and the corner barstool seats. People watching, Thai food and great views of Lake Washington.
2. Tiki Joe’s (north across the street from Bank of America at 106 Kirkland Ave.). The two outdoor tables when the windows are up. Great people and car watching.
3. Olive You (89 Kirkland Ave.). Corner bar seats inside and any outdoor table. Great views of the boats, Seattle skyline and Marina Park, along with quality Mediterranean food.
4. The Slip (80 Kirkland Ave.). Corner barstool seat in front of the kitchen. Watch the food come out and people watch.
5. Milagro (“miracle” in Spanish). The six-top, private table outside by the front door. Private, yet outdoors, on the bustling sidewalk on Lake Washington Boulevard. Milagro is located at 148 Lake St. South.
6. Cactus (121 Park Lane). Any outdoor table on my favorite street in Kirkland, Park Lane, the street that feels a little like Greenwich Village, N.Y. Cactus has ceviche!
7. BeachHouse Bar & Grill (old Foghorn, located at 6023 Lake Washington Boulevard N.E.). Most any table overlooking Lake Washington, but my favorites are the high barstools in the middle of the bar.
8. Vovina (15 Lake St. South). The seats in front of the fireplace. Martini bar, good food, and of course, a view of Marina Park and the boats.
9. Bin on the Lake (1270 Carillon Point). Any of the outdoor tables overlooking the lake and marina.
10. Time Out Tavern. The two outdoor tables on Northeast 85th Street.
See if you can visit all 10 of these tables before summer’s end!