- About Us
Metro offers Husky football shuttles from Kirkland park-and-rides Saturday
Football fans who want an easy trip this weekend can climb on King County Metro Transit game day shuttles to see the University of Washington Huskies game on Saturday, Sept. 28.
Shuttles leave specific park-and-ride locations two hours before kickoff, and return to those park-and-rides after the game. Travelers in the University District and Montlake can expect severe traffic congestion and delays before and after Husky games.
Saturday, Sept. 28: UW Huskies vs. Arizona
Non-stop shuttles heading to the 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28 Husky game at Husky Stadium depart designated park-and-ride lots beginning two hours before kickoff. Based on recent game-day ridership, high demand is expected for these shuttles.
Metro’s Husky shuttles serve the Eastgate, Federal Way South 320th Street, Houghton, Kingsgate, Shoreline, South Kirkland and South Renton park-and-ride lots and the Northgate Transit Center. Buses leave as they fill – or about every 20 minutes. The last shuttle to the game leaves about 50 minutes before kickoff, except South Renton and Federal Way, where the last shuttles will leave 60 minutes before kickoff.
• Park-and-ride Husky fans who do not purchase a UW Athletics “season pass” can pay a $5 fare per game prior to boarding at each park-and-ride lot.
• Fares will be collected by non-Metro staff at the park-and-ride lots. These non-Metro fare collectors accept credit/debit cards, checks and cash.
• Children under 5 ride free, but there are no other free or reduced fares for park-and-ride shuttles.
• Game tickets, ORCA, UPASS and paper transfers are not valid on park-and-ride shuttles.
Buses returning to the park and rides leave from designated locations near Husky stadium depicted in an online map. The last shuttle leaves Husky Stadium 30 minutes after the game. All details are on Metro’s Husky shuttle page.
For information about regular transit service to Husky games, or to plan other trips, visit Metro Online or Metro’s online Trip Planner. The Trip Planner provides information about scheduled service and stops, and does not take service revisions into account. After planning your trip, check Metro’s Service Advisories page to find out about any planned revisions to your routes.
University of Washington Huskies 2013 home schedule
• 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28 vs. Arizona
• TBA Saturday, Oct. 12 vs. Oregon
• TBA Saturday, Oct. 26 vs. California
• TBA Saturday, Nov. 9 vs. Colorado
• 12:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 29 vs. Washington State