EvergreenHealth was recently recognized seven top-performing registered nurses with the organization’s Nursing Excellence Award, which celebrates those who deliver exceptional patient care and compassion beyond expectations.
This year’s recipients were each honored within a distinctive category:
- Clinical Practice: Valerie Carson, RN, Surgery Care
- Communication & Collaboration: Sandy Kreider, RN, Medical Surgical Nursing, Infection Control & Prevention, Employee Health Services
- Creativity & Innovations in Care: Jan Collins, RN, Surgery Care
- Inspiring & Motivating: Stephanie Partin, RN, Children’s Services
- Mentoring & Resource Person: Annie Kinnaman, RN, Acute Care Services & Nursing Support Services
- Patient & Family Advocate: Jim Lomen, RN, Emergency Department
- Preceptor & Education: Kari Oftedahl, RN, Emergency Department
“We are extremely proud to recognize these individuals for their exceptional care and consideration, and we are honored to work alongside our inspiring providers within every department at EvergreenHealth,” Bob Malte, CEO of EvergreenHealth, said in a press release. “The dedication that these nurses bring to their work caring for patients and families, day and night, exemplifies our purpose as an organization.”
The award honorees were recognized during National Nurses Week, led each year by the American Nurses Association (ANA). The theme of this year’s Nurses Week, “Inspire, Innovate, Influence,” reflects nurses’ commitment to protecting, promoting and improving health care for all patients.
EvergreenHealth’s recipients were chosen from a total of 117 nominations, from which a committee of nurses, nurse managers and nurse directors selected the final recipients. A ceremony was held at EvergreenHealth to celebrate their achievements.
Beyond the Nursing Excellence Awards, EvergreenHealth also recognizes outstanding nurse practitioners with quarterly DAISY Awards. DAISY Award recipients are nominated by patients, visitors and staff for going above and beyond in providing compassionate, expert care. To nominate an EvergreenHealth nurse, visit www.evergreenhealth.com/daisy-award-nomination.