- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Kirkland Summerfest road closures in downtown
Commuters should expect traffic delays due to Kirkland Summerfest, which occurs Aug. 8-10 in downtown Kirkland. Road closures and detours will be in place throughout the weekend. The city’s boat launch will remain open all weekend, however boaters should expect delays. Event goers are encouraged to walk, bike, or carpool, and plan for their parking in advance. For public parking, including the Kirkland Municipal Garage, go to www.kirklandwa.gov/parking. For bus transportation, go to www.tripplanner.kingcounty.gov. For event information, go to www.explorekirkland.com.
The following closures will be in effect from 5 a.m. on Saturday through 11 p.m. on Sunday:
• Lakeshore Plaza (closed beginning on Friday at 5 a.m.)
• Lake Street from Central Way to 2nd Avenue
• Main Street from Central Way to Kirkland Avenue
• Park Lane from Lake Street to Third Street
• Kirkland Avenue from the City Dock to Main Street
• Lakeshore Plaza Lot
• Lake and Central parking lot
For permit information contact, Sudie Elkayssi, Special Projects Coordinator, city of Kirkland Parks & Community Services Department at (425) 587-3347 or email@example.com.