- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Northbound I-405 reduced to one lane in Kirkland Saturday night
The following is a release from the Washington State Department of Transportation:
Drivers traveling on northbound Interstate 405 near downtown Kirkland late Saturday night and early Sunday morning should consider alternate routes, as contractor crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will close up to three lanes and some nearby ramps overnight.
Saturday, July 19 to the morning of Sunday, July 20
- Up to three lanes of northbound I-405 between Northeast 70th and Northeast 85th streets will begin to close Saturday evening. The first lane will close at 7:30 p.m., the second lane at 10:30 p.m. and all three lanes will be closed by midnight.
- One lane will open by 8 a.m., the second by 10 a.m. and all lanes will be open by noon Sunday.
- The Northeast 70th Street on-ramp to northbound I-405 will close from 3 to 8 a.m. Sunday.
- The Northeast 85th Street on-ramp to northbound I-405 will close from 8 to 9 a.m. Sunday.
- The northbound I-405 off-ramp to Northeast 85th Street will close from 11 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday.
Signed detours will direct traffic to alternate routes. During this closure, contractor crews will complete restriping work and a traffic shift as part of theI-405 Bellevue to Lynnwood Widening and Express Toll Lanes project. This work is weather dependent and subject to change.
Approval for this work has been coordinated with the ongoing westbound I-90 East Channel Bridge Expansion Joint Replacement project.
For the most up-to-date closure details, please visit the I-405 construction updates page.