- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Southbound I-405 ramps and lanes to close overnight in Kirkland this week
The following is a release from the Washington State Department of Transportation:
Late night drivers traveling on southbound Interstate 405 near downtown Kirkland this week should use alternate routes as contractor crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will close up to three lanes and some nearby ramps.
Monday, July 14 to the morning of Friday, July 18
- Up to three lanes of southbound I-405 between Northeast 85th Street and Northeast 70th Street will close starting at 7 p.m. nightly. Two lanes will close at 8 p.m. and three lanes will close at 10:30 p.m.
- All lanes will reopen by 5 a.m. each day.
- The Northeast 85th Street on-ramp to southbound I-405 will close from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly.
- The southbound I-405 off-ramp to Northeast 85th Street will close from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly.
Monday, July 14 to the morning of Wednesday, July 16 only
- The Northeast 70th Street on-ramp to southbound I-405 will close from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly.
Wednesday, July 16 to the morning of Thursday, July 17 only
- The southbound I-405 off-ramp to Northeast 70th Street will close from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Signed detours will direct traffic to alternate routes. During the closures, contractor crews will complete guardrail, paving and restriping work as part of the I-405 Bellevue to Lynnwood Widening and Express Toll Lanes project. This work is weather dependent and subject to change. For the most up-to-date closure details, please visit the I-405 construction updates page.