- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
New SR 520 Evergreen Point Road transit stop opens on Kirkland and Bellevue boundary
The following is a release from the Washington State Department of Transportation:
Early this morning the new Evergreen Point Road transit stop opened to bus riders for the first time. The new stop, which will serve 575 bus trips in each direction every weekday, marks the home stretch for the Washington State Department of Transportation’s completion of the Eastside Transit and HOV Project.
With the stop’s opening:
- The existing outside-lane stops at Evergreen Point Road are replaced with a new, ADA-accessible facility in the highway’s median.
- The existing outside-lane 92nd Avenue Northeast transit stops are also closed as of this morning, June 16.
- A temporary shuttle will transport local Eastside riders between the two stops until a new median stop opens at 92nd Avenue Northeast a few weeks from now.
- Drivers should be prepared for buses merging from the left onto the highway in both directions at Evergreen Point Road.
New 84th Ave. NE interchange:
- A new roundabout interchange also opened this morning at 84th Avenue Northeast. Drivers should watch for signs alerting them to the new configuration.
In the coming weeks:
- A second new median transit stop will open at 92nd Avenue Northeast.
- New direct-access ramps for carpools and transit to and from the west will open at 108th Avenue Northeast. The new ramps will serve the busy South Kirkland Park and Ride.