- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
SR 520 floating bridge and highway to close tonight for weekend construction
The following is a release from the Washington State Department of Transportation:
Contractor crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will use a closure of the State Route 520 floating bridge to continue pouring concrete – up to 55 truckloads – for the roadway deck on the new West Connection Bridge.
- Crews will close all lanes of SR 520 from Montlake Boulevard to Interstate 405 at including all connecting ramps in the work area.
- Drivers who wish to cross Lake Washington should plan to use Interstate 90 or an alternate route around the lake.
- Crews will also use the closure to install tolling infrastructure and place more than 10,000 tons of asphalt for the Eastside Transit and HOV Project.
- All lanes are scheduled to reopen at in time for the morning commute.
Travelers who use I-90 to cross Lake Washington should also be aware of overnight lane closures:
- On the southbound I-5 exit to the collector-distributor and eastbound I-90, crews will close two lanes to repair wheel ruts. The first lane closes at and the second at .
- The Spring Street on-ramp to the collector-distributor and southbound I-5 will also be closed. All lanes and the ramp will reopen by and .
- On the I-90 floating bridge, crews will close up to two lanes in both directions for deck work. Lane closures begin at for westbound I-90 and for eastbound I-90. All lanes will reopen by and and by .
This weekend’s closure is the first of four SR 520 closures planned in the next five weeks. The bridge will remain open the weekend of to accommodate drivers attending graduation ceremonies at the University of Washington.
WSDOT posts information about construction closures and nighttime work on the SR 520 Orange Page, the interactive construction and driver planning tool for the SR 520 program. WSDOT’s SR 520 website also provides information on the SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program.