- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Southbound I-405 reduced to one lane overnight Friday near downtown Bellevue
The following is a release from the Washington State DOT:
Nighttime drivers traveling on southbound Interstate 405 through downtown Bellevue should prepare for delays and consider alternate routes as contractors working for the Washington State Department of Transportation reduce sections of the roadway to one lane and close nearby ramps overnight Friday, May 2. All lanes and ramps will reopen by 9 a.m. Saturday, May 3.
- Three lanes of southbound I-405 between State Route 520 and Northeast Eighth Street will close starting at 11 p.m. Friday. All lanes will reopen by 9 a.m. Saturday.
- The southbound I-405 off-ramp to Northeast Eighth Street will close from midnight to 8 a.m.
- The eastbound and westbound SR 520 ramps to southbound I-405 will close from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- The southbound I-405 off-ramp to Northeast Fourth Street will close from 11 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- The southbound I-405 off-ramp to Northeast Sixth Street will close from 2 a.m. to 9 a.m.
During the closure, contractor crews will complete lane restriping work and shift traffic as part of the I-405 Bellevue to Lynnwood Widening and Express Toll Lanes project. This work is weather dependent and subject to change.
For the most up-to-date closure details, please visit the I-405 construction updates page.