Kirkland firefighters combat kitchen fire, no injuries

Kirkland firefighters responded to a kitchen fire in the Moss Bay neighborhood yesterday afternoon.

Battalion chief Larry Peabody said there were no reported injuries, as the house is vacant and up for sale at the 1200 block of Kirkland Avenue.

A neighbor called to report a visible flame in the residence. When firefighters arrived at 2:45 p.m., there was and active fire in the smoke-filled kitchen.

"It went pretty quick," Peabody said. "Firefighters were only on scene for less than an hour."

Peabody said the initial estimate is $10,000 in property damages and $5,000 in other damages.

Investigators are looking into whether the fire was started from an electrical issue.

Bellevue and Redmond firefighters assisted the Kirkland Fire Department in the response.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates