Roads to be closed Sunday for Kirkland TriFREAKS event
September 25, 2012 · 7:52 AM
Commuters should expect traffic delays on Sunday, Sept. 30 during the TriFREAKS Triathlon event. The following closures will be in effect from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.:
• N.E. Juanita Drive from 98th Avenue N.E. to 93rd Avenue N.E. and N.E. 120th Place
• 97th Avenue N.E. from 98th Avenue N.E. to N.E. Juanita Drive.
Juanita Beach parking lots will not be accessible by vehicle from approximately 6:30 a.m. until 11 a.m.
The following lane will be closed from 7 a.m. until the final athlete completes the course at approximately 10 a.m.:
• One southbound lane of 100th Avenue N.E. from N.E. 132nd Street to 98th Avenue N.E.
Additionally, the following lanes will be closed from 7 a.m. until the final athlete completes the course at approximately 11 a.m.:
• One southbound lane of 98th Avenue N.E. from N.E. 116th Street to the Old Market Street Trail
• Southbound lane of 10th Street W. from 20th Avenue W. to 8th Street W.
The TriFREAKS Kirkland Triathlon anticipates 700 athletes during the event, which includes a Sprint Triathlon, Aquabike, Duathlon and Kid’s Triathlon.
For permit information contact, Sudie Elkayssi, City of Kirkland Parks & Community Services Department at 425-587-3347.