- About Us
Eastside drivers should prepare for ramp closure on SR 520 near Bellevue this weekend
Bellevue and Kirkland drivers need to plan ahead this weekend, as construction crews close the 108th Avenue Northeast on-ramp to westbound State Route 520 to perform underground utility work. The on-ramp will close 11 p.m. Friday, March 30, and reopen 5 a.m. Monday, April 2.
Closure details at a glance
• The 108th Avenue Northeast on-ramp to westbound SR 520 will close at 11 p.m. Friday, March 30.
• The ramp will reopen at 5 a.m. Monday, April 2.
• A posted detour will route drivers to the Bellevue Way Northeast on-ramp to westbound SR 520 via Northup Way.
SR 520 Eastside project overview
The Eastside Transit and HOV project will widen SR 520 to six lanes from Medina to Bellevue. The project includes rebuilding interchanges, building highway lids and transit stops in the center of the highway and installing fish-passable culverts.
WSDOT awarded the $306 million design-build contract to Eastside Corridor Constructors, a joint venture of Granite Construction Company and PCL Construction Services. SR 520 highway construction continues through December 2013.
Tools for drivers
• Seattle area traffic: www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/seattle
• Traffic cameras: www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic
• Travel alerts: www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/trafficalerts
• Traffic products for your mobile phone and other wireless devices: www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/seattle/products
• Follow WSDOT on Twitter: @wsdot and @wsdot_traffic for Puget Sound traffic.
• Call 511 for traffic updates.
• Tune to highway advisory radio and watch electronic highway signs for information.
More information about the SR 520 Eastside project is online at www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/SR520Bridge/MedinaTo202.