- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Expect traffic delays during Kirkland Triathlon this weekend
Commuters should expect traffic delays September 17-18 due to the two-day Kirkland Triathlon event.
The Kirkland Triathlon will be held on Saturday, Sept. 17, at Marina Park and Heritage Park and the Kid’s Triathlon will be held on Sunday, Sept. 18, at Houghton Beach Park.
On Saturday, the following closures will occur from approximately 5 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Marina Park, including the city dock, boat launch, and parking lot; Heritage Park and parking lot; Kirkland Ave. between Lake Street and the city dock, Lakeshore Plaza Drive between Kirkland Ave. and Central Way, southbound lane of Market Street from Waverly Way to Marina Park, Waverly Way between Market St. and 6th St W, and 6th St W between Waverly Way and 18th Ave W.
Additionally, the following lanes will be closed on Saturday from 8 a.m. until the final athlete completes the course at approximately 12 p.m.:
• Southbound lane of Market St between 18th Ave W and 7th Ave
• Eastbound lane of 7th Ave from Market St to 112th Ave NE
• Westbound lane of NE 87th St / 7th Ave from 112th Ave NE to Market St
• Northbound lane of 112th Ave NE from 7th Ave to NE 100th St
• Eastbound lane of NE 100th St from 112th Ave NE, via pedestrian bridge, to Slater Ave NE
• Northbound lane of Slater Ave NE from NE 100th St/Pedestrian bridge, via NE 116th St, to NE 120th St/132nd Ave NE
• Southbound lane of NE 120th St/132nd Ave NE from Slater Ave NE to NE 80th St
• Westbound lane of NE 80th St from 132nd Ave NE, via 116th Ave NE, to NE 72nd Pl
• Westbound lane of NE 72nd Pl/NE 68th St from 116th Ave NE, via Lakeview Drive, to Lake Washington Blvd
• Southbound lane of Lake Washington Blvd from Lakeview Dr to Kirkland Ave
• Southbound lane of 14th Ave W from 6th St W, via 10th St W, to 20th Ave W
• Northbound lane of 20th Ave W from 10th St W to 9th St W
• Northbound lane of 9th St W from 20th Ave W to 18th Ave W
• Southbound lane of 18th Ave W from 9th St W to 6th St W
On Sept. 18, Lake Washington Blvd. will be closed between Lakeview Drive and N.E. 62nd Street from approximately 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. for the Kid’s Triathlon.
The Kirkland Triathlon hosts over 1,500 athletes during the two-day event, which includes a Kid's Triathlon, Sprint Triathlon and Duathlon. For event information, visit www.ExploreKirkland.com.