On April 19, at 4 p.m., the community is invited to the grand re-opening of the newly remodeled Rose Hill Safeway store at 12519 NE 85th St.
Officials thanked customers in a press release for their patience, support and excitement surrounding this extensive renovation. They invited locals to come and enjoy a festive ribbon cutting with a visit from the Seahawk’s Blue Thunder and the one and only Blitz will be stopping by at 3 p.m.
There will be samplings from local vendors and Safeway own brand products, free localized reusable bags and 100 lucky customers will receive a free bag of groceries.
The Rose Hill Safeway’s expansion and remodel upgraded all the store’s specialty departments and added some exciting features:
• An expanded produce department will include an abundant variety of organic and locally-grown produce, as well as a fresh cut fruit and vegetable center;
• A deluxe deli that includes made-to-order pho, sushi, rice bowls, and sizzling wok meals, as well as ready-made sandwich choices, expanded cheese case, soup bar and wing bar;
• Enhanced local, natural, organic, specialty, healthy and ethnic offerings;
• Full-service bakery that offers vast variety of freshly baked artisan breads, bagels and pastries; as well as handcrafted cakes and decadent desserts for any occasion; including custom photo cakes;
• A premium temperature controlled wine cellar with over 3,200 bottles of wine and a beer & spirits department with a plentiful selection of local choices;
• An abundant floral department with a full-serve kiosk;
• A Starbucks kiosk with a large indoor seating area;
The Rose Hill Safeway employs 125 people and is managed by Ben Leigh, who has been with the company for more than 10 years.
The community celebrations begin with a ribbon cutting ceremony at 4pm, the store will honor community champions Nourishing Networks and recognize two long-time Rose Hill Safeway employees whose experience working at the store totals more than 42 years!