EvergreenHealth recently announced the recipients of its Health Hero award for the first quarter of 2018.
The Health Hero award is a recognition bestowed quarterly by EvergreenHealth to commend providers, staff, volunteers and clinical teams across the health system for exemplifying extraordinary, compassionate care.
“I am inspired by our colleagues who consistently demonstrate compassion through their work and go above and beyond to provide exceptional care for our patients, their families and the communities we serve,” said EvergreenHealth CEO Bob Malte in a press release. “The Health Hero award is just one of many ways we thank EvergreenHealth providers, staff and volunteers for helping to enrich the health and well-being of every life we touch.”
The latest recipients, who were nominated by patients, visitors and fellow EvergreenHealth employees, represent nine service categories across the health system. They are recognized for going to exceptional lengths to ensure patients receive excellent care, anchored in EvergreenHealth’s core values of compassion, respect, excellence, collaboration and accountability.
The first quarter Health Hero awards recognize:
- Physician Hero: Mia Swartz, MD, Urology and Urogynecology Care
- Clinical Heroes: Danielle Schneider, RN, Clinical Manager, Emergency Department; and Kara Mitchell, In-Home Mental Health
- Team Heroes:
- Hospitalists: Michael Mena, MD, Internal Medicine; and Jessica Lundeen, MD, Neurology
- Intensivists: Melissa Lee, MD, Pulmonary Medicine;and Monirath Saly, MD, Anesthesiology
- Critical Care Unit: Alexis Richie, Jordan Kamal, Lisa Wilson, Tori Davittand Ryan O’Neill Hawkins
- Neuroscience Institute: Ziad AlSoufi, MD and Susanna Petaisto
- Organizational Hero: Starr Niego, Community Health Access Team (CHAT)
- Volunteer Hero: Sally Lynott, Hospice Home Care
- Safety Hero: Danny Kim, RN, Progressive Care Unit
EvergreenHealth Health Heroes receive a personalized trophy during a dedication ceremony, where 50 organizational leaders join them to celebrate the achievement.
EvergreenHealth invites patients and visiting families to submit nominations year-round to recognize the health care providers who make their visits to EvergreenHealth memorable. Providers who witness extraordinary acts are also invited to nominate their peers.
For more information about the honorees and EvergreenHealth or to submit a nomination, visitwww.evergreenhealth.com/heroes