- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Tops spots for dazzling holiday light displays in Kirkland | Photos
The Reporter recently asked readers where some of the top spots in Kirkland were to find the most brilliant holiday lights.
The following is a round-up of where to find some of these luminescent holiday homes:
• The corner of 100th Ave. and N.E. 132nd St., just up the hill west of Juanita Elementary School. This decorated home looks like a gingerbread house, complete with candles lining the driveway. Inflatables also fill the yard, with a Santa on the roof.
Kirkland resident Roxanna Koester described the house as a "happy feast for the eyes as we drive home on dark December nights."
• Christmas in a winter wonderland! Stop by Barbara and Bob McConnell’s Kirkland home to see more than 40,000 flashing lights that are synchronized to holiday music.
The house glistens with falling snow (lights), lighted trees, animated deer drinking from a cascading stream, complete with a waterfall. Listen to the music and watch the display from the comfort of your warm car (tune your FM radio to 107.3).
Bob also added a new song this year: “Rockin around the Christmas Tree.” The home is located at 13837 101st Place N.E. The winter wonderland runs from 5-9 p.m. Sundays-Thursdays and 5-11 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, with special showings on Christmas eve/night and New Year's eve/day from 4 p.m. to midnight.
Drive by and enjoy the 20-minute show! Please bring a suggested donation to benefit Pasado’s Safe Haven, an animal rescue organization.
• The house with the blue lights is known as Kirkland's "North Star." For 35 years, Jerry Shipman has put up the 30,000 blue and green lights to represent the cold, while his wife of 45 years, Edie, sets up the white figures in a manger on the lawn to replicate the Christmas Nativity.
Outside speakers also play Christmas music that can be heard from the sidewalk. The home is located at 7846 122nd Ave. N.E., across the street from Lake Washington High School.
• Seahawks brilliance! Come see a Seahawks display of lights at 11217 N.E. 100th St.
• 7300 block of 122nd Street
• 1200 block of 72nd Street
• Come see flashing CFLs on 126th Ave., off of the 12500 block of N.E. 94th St.