- About Us
Cobalt Mortgage in Kirkland and Bothell raises $9K in scholarships for area students
Cobalt Mortgage Dollars for Scholars, a three-year old non-profit organization, partnered with individual donors, business partners, and the employees of Cobalt Mortgage in the creation of scholarships to support students in the pursuit of their post-secondary education goals.
This year over $100,000 in scholarship funds will be awarded to 73 deserving students in the states of Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Colorado, Arizona, Texas, Utah, and Oklahoma.
Individual donors and business partners contributed nearly $45,000 in scholarship funds that were matched dollar-for-dollar by Cobalt Mortgage.
The remainder of the scholarships was funded by employee donations and company contributions. The purpose of the company’s non-profit initiative is to make a positive impact on the youth and their families in the communities they serve.
“We are blown away by the response from our partners,” said Keith Tibbles, President and co-founder of Cobalt Mortgage. “My team and the people we work with know the importance of this foundation. We all want to be part of a solution to post-secondary education attainment issues by providing funding for university, college and vocational students.”
Cobalt Mortgage Kirkland and Cobalt Mortgage Bothell have $9,000 in college scholarships to high school seniors of local schools and community organizations.
• David and Sandee Davis Family Scholarship Award ($1,000) – Cedar Park Christian High School.
• Dave and Becky Bochsler Scholarship Award ($2,000) – Inglemoor High School
• Allison Lord Excellence in Community Service Scholarship Award ($1,000) – Juanita High School
• Murphy Family Scholarship Award ($3,000) - Juanita High School
• Chase Tibbles and Cobalt Mortgage Dollars for Scholars Award ($2,000) - Kirkland, Redmond or Sammamish Boys & Girls Clubs
Students are encouraged to visit www.cobaltscholars.org to view scholarship criteria and submit their application. Scholarship applications will be accepted through March 15.