- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Juanita High School DECA students gearing up for state competition
Juanita High School DECA will send students to DECA State Competition on March 7-9, when top DECA students from around the state compete at the DECA State Career Development Conference for the right to compete at the DECA International Career Development Conference.
On Jan. 9, 70 Juanita students competed against 1,100 other students in our region. Juanita High School students are in their first year of DECA and working hard to promote the school’s new program.
Congratulations to the following winners:
• Keenan Smith – 1st place role play and 4th place overall, sports and entertainment marketing
• Conner Goodwin – 9th place overall, sports and entertainment marketing
• Ryan Walter – 1st place test score and 10th place overall, business finance
• Tristan Barton – 2nd place test score, automotive services marketing
• Gloria Liu – 2nd place test score, fashion merchandising promotion plan
• Mary Claire Squires – 2nd place test score, advertising campaign
• Amanda Johnson, Jay Krohn and Mary Claire Squires - 4th place overall, advertising campaign
• Samantha Bakony – 8th place overall, retail merchandising
Stephanie Langford, Jenny Nguyen and Gloria Liu will go to state conference to present the school’s Chapter Awards Project.
Juanita High School DECA thanks the City of Kirkland for their generous grant to help students attend the conference.
“We are so proud of our DECA students who are on their way to state competitions,” said principal Gary Moed. “I knowthey will represent Juanita very well.”