Menchie’s new frozen yogurt store in Kirkland to host week-long grand opening celebration
July 27, 2012 · 5:37 PM
Menchie’s, a global brand that has built its reputation on making each of its guests smile by providing an unparalleled frozen yogurt experience, will be celebrating the grand opening of its Menchie’s Houghton Plaza store at 935 6th St. South in Kirkland.
From July 28 through Aug. 3, Menchie’s will be spreading smiles during a seven-day celebration packed with family-friendly activities and events designed to bring out the kid in everyone, regardless of age.
• From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, July 28, the first 20 guests in line will receive FREE frozen yogurt for one month. There will also be a ribbon-cutting with Menchie (the mascot), FREE frozen yogurt, free T-shirts and a balloon artist.
• At 1 p.m. on Sunday, July 29 customers will receive a free plushie doll, free color-in T-shirts and free face painting
• From 5-6 p.m. Monday, July 30, $1 yumm – Fill up your cup for only $1.
• From 2-4 p.m. Tuesday, July 31, kids 10 and under eat free.
• From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 1. Lunchtime yumm: Half-off frozen yogurt.
• At 3 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 2. Lunchtime Day: Free dodge ball with every cup purchased.
• From 8 p.m. to close Friday is date night. Buy one frozen yogurt, get one free (while supplies last, see store for details).
“Menchie’s provides best-in-class frozen yogurt with a fun, interactive environment including upbeat music, chalkboards for kids to draw on, free giveaways to children and top notch guest service,” said Brent Johnson, who co-owns Menchie’s Houghton Plaza with his wife, Ashlie. “With a fun-loving spirit and mission to make every guest smile, we look forward to providing the Kirkland community with the ultimate frozen yogurt experience.”
Menchie’s success comes from helping guests create memories in a family-friendly environment that is warm, welcoming, interactive and fun, providing guests with comfortable indoor and outdoor seating areas, family-friendly music and chalkboards for children to color on. As the only frozen yogurt store that provides toys and giveaways to children, Menchie’s has become every child’s favorite destination.
Menchie’s is also actively involved in each community it serves. Stores partner with local schools in fundraising activities and education incentive programs. Each Menchie’s store donates thousands of dollars in cash and products annually to local schools to support student programs.
Furthermore, the company is a world leader in ensuring best-in-class products, and considers itself the ambassador of frozen yogurt quality worldwide. Menchie’s ensures that only the highest quality milk and flavors are used to make its frozen yogurt. The brand’s exclusive private label collection is made from the milk of “smiley” California cows, which have not been treated with artificial growth hormones (rBST). Menchie’s frozen yogurt contains live and active cultures and has received the Live and Active Culture (LAC) seal indicating its endorsement by the National Yogurt Association.
Menchie’s makes guests smile by serving an unlimited mix of yogurt and toppings at a unique self-serve station with more than 100 rotating yogurt flavors from cake batter and pomegranate tart to chocolate silk and vanilla snow, and more than 70 rotating toppings including fresh fruits, granolas, nuts, an assortment of high quality candies and hot fudges.
Menchie’s Houghton Plaza is located at 935 6th St. South in Kirkland and is open Sunday through Thursday from 11 a.m. until 11 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. until midnight. For more information, call (425) 298-4857 or visit www.menchies.com.